As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.For more information, check our Affiliate Disclaimer page.
When you or your family member require support during shower activity, here you are in the
right place. In most cases, a shower chair is an imperative thing for the mobility or elderly issues
peoples. It is a real danger if any of them fall in the shower. So, taking the right decision at the
right time is essential in this sensitive issue.
When do you need this?
Obviously, it's a serious decision. Taking a shower bench or chair; never be fun. You should take
it in your consideration when a person seems to have limited mobility or aged person who can't
complete essentials household movements. It's a good question that, How do I know that it’s
time to concentrate on a chair?
Here are some issues that indicate you, maybe its time to pick a shower chair now.
You are suffering from a chronic pain that limits your movement
You have the difficulty balancing
You are in the stage of recovering after surgery
You have the limitations on your mobility
Or, while taking a shower, you usually like to do it in a sitting position.
If it seems that, you are in any of these or your family members, don't take too long to collect it.
Best Shower Benches and Chairs Review
It's essential to find the best shower benches and chairs for disabled, elderly or mobile
challenged people. It's not an easy task without knowing the need of a person who will use the
chair. It's a very easy way to get confused and frustrated as there are a lot of brands and
products available on the market. So, we invested time to make the move easy to find the best
shower chairs. Check out top picks and reviews below.
#1. AquaSense Adjustable Bath and Shower Chair with Non-Slip Seat
This is a compact shower chair which is easy to move. It fits any individual who needs to sit
during the shower time. Especially, this chair is ideal for people with disability. You can start
using it just after receiving. It is so easy to assemble and doesn't require any tool. The curve
shape of the chair helps to sit on it comfortably.
The main material is plastic and it is durable enough. It comes with the slip resistant feature for
the safety. Legs are durable enough to provide support up to 300 lbs. It easily fits any bath mat.
The best thing is, water never stuck on it. There are drainage holes to pass the water.
AquaSense Adjustable Bath and Shower Chair with Non-Slip Seat pros & cons
- Height adjustable legs for the convenience
- Corrosion resistant aluminum frame for the durability
- Lightweight design for easy transport
- 20 x 12Inches wider space to sit on it comfortably
- It ensures slip protection by passing the water through drainage holes
- Doesn’t fit older bathtubs
- This chair is not foldable
If you have some issues in your legs and you can't stand during the shower, this item is
recommended for you. It is highly durable that serves for years without any issues.
See More Details
#2. Duro-Med Heavy-Duty Sliding Transfer Bench Shower Chair review
For handicap or disabled person, this shower-tub transfer bench is an ideal product. It helps to
person with the disability to go to the bathtub. It comes with the sliding design. By attaching
one end with the shower, a caregiver can comfortably move the chair to the shower. It is an
easy to use chair that comes with the sliding design. The main seat comes with the plastic
material and the frame with aluminum construction.
It is easy to assemble and doesn't require any tools and expert help. The seat is slip resistant
and it always drains the water properly. There is a cut-out on the chair which is removable. It
helps with perineal access. The height is adjustable for the convenience. It can accommodate
bathtub heights up to 19.5 inches.
Duro-Med Heavy-Duty Sliding Transfer Bench Shower Chair review pros & cons
- Lightweight design for hassle-free transport
- Comes with a nylon safety strap to hold the user
- Durable and rust-resistant aluminum frame for the longevity
- It is suitable to hold up to 400-pound
- Wider space for comfortable sitting on it
- Shower want to clip and adjustable legs for handiness
- It is not foldable and needs enough space for the storage
It is a good solution for people with special need. Taking a shower is easier by moving the
person on the chair.
See More Details
#3. Vive Shower Stool Reivew
Sometimes you may need to sit on a chair when taking a shower. For example, when you are
removing hair from your legs, you need to sit comfortably. This vive shower stool will provide
enough space to sit with comfort. You can adjust the height with a simple step and doesn't
require any tool. This stool is suitable for both shower and tub.
It is a safe option for you to sit in the shower. The stool comes with angled legs and they don't
skid. The seat is also slip-resistant to avoid any unwanted issues. It is a portable and lightweight
stool which is easy to transport. Its diameter is 12.5 inches which are enough for an average
Vive Shower Stool Reivew pros & cons
- No need for expert help or tools to assemble it
- Slip resistant to keep you comfortable
- Rubber tips on the legs to avoid skidding
- Easily fits most of the bathtub and showers
- Corrosion-resistant aluminum frame for the longevity
- It is ready to hold up to 250 pounds
- There are no holes in the stool for water drainage
- It doesn’t have any armrest
If you are looking for a minimal shower sitting arrangement, this is the best option for you. It
allows adjusting the height according to your need.
See More Details
#4. Drive Medical Bath Stool with Padded Rotating Seat
If you are looking for an item which won’t take much space in your bathroom, you should try
this stool. It easily fits the shower and most of the bathtubs. This stool rotates up to 360
degrees to comfortably reach to the shower. It locks in every 90-degrees to reduce the twisting
for safety. It is ready to use and doesn’t require any tool to assemble. The stool is padded for
The seat height is adjustable to suit to bathtubs. There is a removable tray with it for storing
essential items. It is slip resistant and the legs come with rubber to avoid skidding. For hassle-
free cleaning, the top is removable.
Drive Medical Bath Stool with Padded Rotating Seat pros & cons
- The seat can be adjusted up or down from 16" to 22"
- Its free flow movement greatly reduce the twisting motions
- The swiveling seat can be locked into place every 90 degrees
- Durable corrosion resistant legs for the longevity
- Lightweight and compact size for easy transport and storage
- It can take up 450 pounds of load
- The padded seat need to dry properly otherwise it causes odor
- No handles or extra space to push hands to stand from the sitting position
yourself to the shower with less stress on your leg or shoulder.
See More Details
#5. Platinum Health Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Shower Chair
This transfer bench is the best solution for people with a disability to move into the shower.
With the help of a caregiver or anyone else, the user can comfortably move to the shower. This
is a professional grade transfer bench which is suitable for caregiving centers and home. It easy
to connect the bench with the bathtub.
For the safety of the user, there is a safety strap. It gently holds the user. Also, it ensures the
comfort of the user. There are armrest and a backrest. You can raise the armrest according to
your need. The legs are durable and corrosion resistant. It perfectly fits a standard bathtub for
Platinum Health Carousel Sliding Transfer Bench with Shower Chair pros & cons
- Extra soft padding on the armrest and seat for the comfort
- Height adjustable armrest to fit the user
- Doesn’t require any tool for the assemble
- Lightweight for hassle-free transport
- High contrast blue for vision impaired and/or dementia-afflicted users
- Durable and antiskid legs for the safety
- It requires extra space for the storage
- If the seat remains wet, it may cause odor
This sliding bench chair is suitable for any person who can move/herself to the shower. Its
sliding design and safety strap helps for flawless movement to the bathtub or shower.
See More Details
FAQs: Best Shower Chairs
1. Who should use a shower chair?
Answer: Basically shower chair are designed for supporting disabled, elderly or mobile
challenged people while taking a shower.
2. Is a shower chair essential?
Answer: It depends on the person; especially who can't walk or stand. They really need a quality
shower chair for preventing unnecessary, dangerous fall.
3. Mainly what should I consider for choosing the best shower chair?
Answer: A quality chair will provide comfort, independence, and best support during taking a
shower. So, before choosing a shower chair, mainly you should look at these things besides
4. Is there any proper way to use the shower chair smoothly?
Answer: Yes. Always try to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer after
purchasing the shower chair. For additional safety, you can collect a slip-resistant mate which
will keep your shower chair stable.
Safety issue should always come to the first. So, never take the risk of falling. You should pick
the best shower benches and chairs out of these if you really feel the necessity. We hope our
Shower Benches and Chairs review would help you most to choose a perfect one.